Tuesday, December 6, 2011

We're Married!!

Well, the wedding came and went in a rush!  It was beautiful and the reception was so fun.  16 months of planning...it's weird to not have wedding plans consuming my life now!  But it's a good feeling.  Some ladies get the "post-wedding blues" after it's over...I felt a little bit like I wanted to experience it again, from a guest's point of view, in the few days after the wedding, but for the most part I'm glad to be done and on to spending the rest of my life with my best friend!

Our photographer promised pics within 2 months of the wedding...since we're not even at the 1-month mark yet, I'm just patiently waiting!  But here are some pics I stole from friends' facebook albums!





More to come, of course...everything went really well, the only major mishap came during the exchanging of the rings in the ceremony.  Everyone always jokes about losing the rings, etc...well...our coordinator got the two rings from me so I wouldn't have to keep track.  She gave Brad's ring to my maid of honor right away, then slipped my ring on her hand to give to the best man (Jared) later on.  Fast forward to the ceremony...we're standing up there and our officiant asks Jared for the ring.  Jared gives this nervous smile and kind of shakes his head.  The officiant continues with talking about the rings, and even looks like he might be holding a ring on the Bible! - so I think we're fine.  Then after his statement, he asks Jared again for the ring.  Now I know there's a problem.  I pause for a second, then slip the engagement ring off my right hand and slip it to Brad so that he has something to put on my finger for that part!  Then we continue, Caitlin has his ring as expected and we go on with the ceremony.

Afterward, I found our coordinator in the lobby and asked where the ring was.  She thought she had given it to Jared...she went back to the room to check the ring boxes, and then someone asked her "Is it still on your finger?"  Sure enough...there it was.  I had Brad place it on my hand unceremoniously right there in the lobby :)  Ah well, gotta have a story right?

Anyway, overall the day was everything I wanted it to be.  A meaningful ceremony, and a fun party after.  Lots of friends and familiy stayed and danced all the way to the end when we made our grand exit.  So many good memories from that day.

And I'm sure there will be more pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment