Sunday, September 23, 2012

Whitewater Adventures

Okay, so this post is about our whitewater rafting trip on August 25...meaning I'm not quite a month behind on my blog posts (but getting close). 

I love that my company has a "Newcomer's Club", they put on some interesting lunchtime presentations every other week and they also host outside events...like whitewater rafting!  I signed up Brad and me for the trip, and a group of about 30 "newcomers" and families drove up to Wild Waters Outdoor Center near Queensbury (close to Lake George and the Adirondacks, which we didn't get a chance to explore yet).  The rafting trip lasted all day, with a brief stop for lunch on the shore (they tossed around sandwiches kept dry in a large pack on one of the rafts!)  We rafted 3 miles down the Indian River and 14 down the Hudson.  Our guide was a hoot!  (note the rubber duck on her helmet in the pictures) and it was fun getting to know some of the other newbies at my company.  Our guide told us over and over that we were her favorite raft (perhaps with tips in mind, but she was pretty convincing!)  She was happy that we paddled hard and followed directions.  Paul, one of the guys from work who we carpooled up with, said he figured we did such a good job because "we're engineers...we know how to follow the rules and yet also be creative!"

Anyway, it was a really fun trip, no one fell out of the raft, gorgeous day for rafting and the views along the river were beautiful!

Attractive rafting gear!


Sadly my waterproof camera got really foggy so most of those pics are no good.
 
 Beautiful


 Menfolk before we put the raft in the river

 And now for the impressive-looking pro pics...note Lucy's awesome ducky.  Brad and I were in the two seats in the back.

 Brad's working hard...I'm just happy?

 Drill team smile always...even in crazy rapids


No comments:

Post a Comment