Saturday, October 6, 2012

Autumn!

I love October.  Fall is my favorite season, the leaves are beautiful, pumpkin-flavored-everything makes me happy, and there's the birthday :)  Also love watching football - thankfully we've been able to watch the Baylor games so far using brother Dave's slingbox.  It's not the same as being there in Floyd Casey, but we work with what we've got!

The leaves are starting to change here in upstate NY and it's gorgeous.  I really want to take a drive north (up into the Adirondacks) or go to a farm (of which there are plenty around here) and fell all fall-ish, but we've had grumpy weather the past two weekends.  Hopefully I'll get some good fall foliage pictures whenever we get that chance, but so far here are some from around the apartment, and from the park where we run!

 Behind the neighboring apartment building.  I LOVE all of the reds around here.

 At our favorite park, The Crossings at Colonie (Colonie is the village in which our "hamlet" of Latham is located.  On TV/radio they pronounce it like Co-lo-NEE, emphasis on the last syllable, which is weird.)

 It's neat how many colors can be captured in one tree.  I see some more impressive examples of this on my drive home from work, but I practice safe driving and don't take pictures while driving, y'all.

One more from the park.  I love the random red tree among the others.

Aside from excitement about the season, I don't have much else to report!  Brad stays pretty busy with school.  It's weird being at home without him on Monday-Wednesday evenings (it's also hard to motivate myself to go run without him!)  He's enjoying his classes for the most part, it's just a lot of work with three graduate + two undergraduate classes.  He's gearing up for a week-full of midterms in two weeks (the week of my birthday, of course)...he has an exam every day!  I told him I'll just make myself a cake or something ;)

Sorry I don't have any other cool adventures like whitewater rafting to blog about, but we'll get out and do some fun fall things soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment