Sunday, June 10, 2012

LuLu

Okay, quick update while I'm here thinking about my blog...the other big piece of news (aside from, oh, defending my dissertation tomorrow and officially earning the Ph.D.) is that we recently got a new car!  I had had dear old Martha, my yellow VW Beetle, for almost 10 years.  She was my first car when I turned 16, and my dream car at the time :)  It was a little hard to say goodbye, but we sold her to a family friend, so I know she's in good hands!


Martha: Then and Now


Brad and I have been looking at Carmax for some vehicles with 4WD (for handling that lovely snow up there!), I found a 2007 Ford Escape that fit our budget so we snatched it up about a month ago!  Her name is LuLu:


I love her so far and it's been awesome to have some ground clearance!  Now that I'm used to being higher off the ground, I don't want to go back to driving a car for a long time :)


The gas mileage is not so awesome (since she's in 4WD constantly) but it's livable.  We'll be trekking across the country in this baby next Monday (or Tuesday...the moving company is being annoying all of a sudden).

Anyway, lots of happenings since I had last posted in March but those are the highlights!  And now...hopefully...once I've earned my doctorate and we're on our way to being New Yorkers, I'll be able to keep up with this more!


No comments:

Post a Comment