Thursday, June 28, 2012

Somethin' Bout a Truck

Big news for today: Brad got a truck!  2005 F-150.  We've been sharing a vehicle for over a year so I'm really excited for him to have this.  We also found out it's already equipped with remote start...we paid to get remote start in LuLu before we left Texas, knowing we won't have a garage right away and wanting something for those cooold mornings ahead!  So it was a pleasant surprise to have that in this truck.  I just asked Brad if he will name the truck....he declines ;)

 NY license plate...weeeeird.

He was 'done' with pictures after the first one, but I snapped this too!

A couple other things not nearly as important and awesome:

This squirrel came up on our balcony yesterday and was just chillin on the rail, I got really excited for some reason.  I was talking to Brad and looked outside and said "whaaaat?"  then immediately took some pictures.  Kind of like that dog in the movie UP..."Squirrel!!"
Sunbathing...or plotting devious things 




Brad went out there to snap this pic:

...and then he scampered away (the squirrel, not Brad).  Hopefully our squirrel friend will return.  (Is this a sign that we need some human friends here in NY?)

And also, I started a building project tonight.  That was probably a mistake.  Brad and I attempted to build an etagerie (cabinet that stands over the toilet) for one of my Waco apartments...it mostly stood up on its own, as long as you didn't breathe too heavily on it...anyway, I don't think I've attempted many building projects after that but we really need a place to hold our food (wedding-gift kitchen gadgets have taken over every cupboard).  The one Albany Craigslist pre-assembled pantry closet was taken by the time I called...so we bought a some-assembly-required pantry closet from Target.

"some" assembly. 

Brad's been working on commissions this evening, and this pantry closet has been yearning to be built for a couple days, so I took it on tonight.  The first step is to "familiarize yourself with the parts".  Overwhelming already.

But somehow, after about an hour of wrestling with screws and giving myself blisters, I have a backless pantry:



The remaining steps involve hammering...and since it's almost 11:00, I'll save that for tomorrow.  I met our downstairs neighbor yesterday on a trip from the laundry room, and she seems very nice!  So I think about her when I think about those loud hammering noises, and I'd like to start off on the right foot with the neighbors :)

The big test will be standing this thing up...that's when I'll know if it wobbles like the ol' etagerie, or if it is a building project Win for Stephanie.  Stay tuned for the riveting conclusion to this adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment