Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Play Ball

We finally made it out to Cooperstown last weekend!  Looks like there are several attractions in the little town but our mission was the Baseball Hall of Fame.  It was great!

"MVSEVM"

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I did take this one of the costumes from A League of Their Own :)

Babe Ruth


Rangers.

Some World Championship rings

Early baseball cards

"You passed by all the greats and now you're taking a picture of this one because it says 'Ducky Wucky'."
"Yep."




It was a neat museum and I highly recommend it for baseball fans.  Even somewhat-fans like me.  

One more day of work, and then we fly to TEXAS!!  I'm so excited for this weekend.  We'll have the doctoral dinner Friday night, then I walk the stage in a funny hat and receive my diploma (the processing of my dissertation was very down-to-the-wire, but I think I've finally completed all the steps.)  We'll have a little shindig after graduation, then...on Sunday I fly back to NY.  Sad face.  But it'll be good to see our families for the first time since making the move.

So much to do before then!  And I worked a 10-hour day today (trying to conserve some PTO on Thursday/Friday) so I'm pretty exhausted.  Short blog post!

I'll end with a BUNNY.  You guys, I was pretty excited about that squirrel lounging on our balcony, but I'm WAY more excited about the bunny that seems to have its home around here.  I see it a lot when I'm walking to/from the car.  It makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment