Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Brad!

Last weekend we took advantage of our first discounted tickets from my company.  They had family day at Six Flags: The Great Escape, so Brad and I got our tickets and headed north.  It was just $30/person for admission, parking, and hamburgers/hot dogs for lunch!  We've actually never been to a theme park together, so this was fun.

He was in the process of asking me why I'm taking a picture of us waiting in line.


Us on the roller coaster (jk, we didn't have friends to take our picture.  These are some random people.  But we did that)


The swings are my favorite!

The skyride, which I got surprisingly scared on and Brad freaked me out by shaking it.

Got up the courage to extend my arm out of the ride to take our picture

"Let's take a picture with the old man."
"Here, I'll take your picture."

Lady nearby says "do you want a picture with both of you?"
I say "Yes.  Yes we do."

I said I wanted one and Brad took me seriously.

Our handstamps to get back in the park.  "Sasquatch".


All in all, a fun day.  We went to the water park too, which was good since it was pretty hot (come on, this is New York, where's the "cool" weather??)

Then Wednesday was Brad's birthday!  Too bad I had to work all day...but I made him one of his favorite desserts, Butterfinger Blondies:

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/08/butterfinger-blondies.html

You know it's gonna be good when just the batter looks delicious

All set with homemade buttercream icing!

Happy 26th!


We talked about going to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown this weekend as part of his birthday present, but...we've been lazy again.  I mean, we've done a lot of laundry today, but...we planned to "get things done around the house" and...it still looks the same as it did this morning.  Oh well.  Probably hall of fame next weekend though!  And we'll get the birthday boy some new clothes since his are kinda falling apart (yikes).  It's just a lazy, rainy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Of course you would like the swings, says the girl that doesnt do teacups. :) Looks like y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete