Monday, July 2, 2012

Big Girl Job

Well today I started my big girl job...it was an orientation day, full of powerpoints and a long list of acronyms to learn...sounds like tomorrow I'll be given some projects!  I'm still pretty nervous about getting started and what expectations will be right off the bat, but it was good to get the first day behind me and start getting used to the company.  The people seem great to work with and I think it'll be a good work environment.

Here's my first day of work outfit:

So exciting...I woke Brad up just to take my picture, ha.

Also, funny story about our church visit yesterday: we visited a different place from last week, just seeing what's out there...this one was closer to home but we were still arriving right-on-time, maybe a minute late.  We walked up to the door and...it was locked!  We could see people in the church inside, but we pushed and tried the door and...nothing.  We wondered, would a church really lock people out for being late??  Seemed crazy, but we didn't know what else to do (no other entrances) so we headed for the car.  When we were almost to the car, we saw a guy park and start to walk in, so I asked him if the church was locked.  He said it shouldn't be, so we followed him to the door.  And...he pulled the door open, and voila.  Can't believe we both pushed and didn't think to try pulling it open!  Dummies.  So, we made it to church after all and were glad they didn't have a strict latecomers policy.


Also yesterday, we went back to our park that we found during the apartment-hunting trip.  We ventured into a new part of the running trail and found some beautiful scenery:



I could get used to this (especially this at temps in the 70s/80s and not in 100+ weather)


And finally, the conclusion to my pantry-closet adventure: it stands up, and it doesn't wobble!  We did end up having to lean it into the wall a bit so it doesn't tip forward, but overall I'd call it a success.  I used a drill for the first time!  Made Brad demonstrate it though, so I can't take full credit for the pantry.  Just most of the credit ;)

Tah-dah.



No comments:

Post a Comment